Subject: [Leica] How does that tricky little chip attach?
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Sat May 17 13:49:57 2008

Hi Jim:

The chip glues onto the inside of the adapter with the contacts touching
those inside of the throat of the camera.  The only interference I
encountered was when I, (knowing it wouldn't work) attempted to attach
the 50mm Summilux to the adapter.

Here's the adapter and an alignment tool, (included with the adapter).
<http://www.tagotech.com/pic/oly-chip1.jpg>

I bought the Leica-R to Olympus adapters from jinfinance in Shanghai as
recommended by Steve Barbour
Item # 350050189176
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&Item=350050189176>
   or: http://tinyurl.com/6gkrap

and two AF-confirm chips from Tagotech in Singapore:
Item # 250239905597
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250239905597&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D250239905597%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1>
   or: http://tinyurl.com/58xkqd

In the mail today I received a Pentax-K to Olympus adapter from
kawaphoto in Iowa
Item # 290228988300
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290228988300>
   or: http://tinyurl.com/3q3tya

...into which I plan to glue the second AF-confirm chip.  I know it
might seem a bit "over the top", but I want to try my Pentax SMC 1000mm
on the 2x E-510. ;-)

Here's my two lenses which don't work with the AF-confirm chip:
<http://www.hemenway.com/19and50mm-R.jpg>

You can see the semi-circular part in the back of each which gets in the
way of the chip. Another Leica-R to Olympus is on its way to me from
jinfinance.

The 28-70 zoom also has a protruding part but it is small enough to
leave a paper thin space between the adapter and said protruding part.

With the shutter button pressed halfway, the green light blinks until
you reach focus... at the same time you'll hear a beep.

Jim

P.S. All three vendors were very helpful to me.