Subject: [Leica] Olympus 510 with Leica-R lens
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Fri May 16 11:23:05 2008

I finally received the focus-confirmation chip, installed it into the
Leica-R to 510 adapter, and here's some of the resulting photos.

Five test shots around the house:
<http://www.hemenway.com/E-510withLeicaR-May2008/>
   or: http://tinyurl.com/6h8zl2

Some of the items at Brimfield this past Wednesday.
<http://www.hemenway.com/Brimfield-E510-05142008/>
   or: http://tinyurl.com/58jgh7

The chip works well except for R lenses with a protruding metal
semi-circular part in the rear of the lens... as found in the 19mm WA
and the 50mm Summilux. The chip can't co-exist in the same place as the
semi-circular part.

I've ordered another adapter to use with these lenses, albeit without
focus confirmation.

Jim

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Olympus 510 with Leica-R lens)
Reply from philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD) ([Leica] Olympus 510 with Leica-R lens)