Subject: FW: [Leica] IMG: New Orleans April Wedding
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Apr 28 19:47:52 2008

Jerry I think that calling the polished and professional wedding photography
that Chris shows 'banal' is rude and also misses the point entirely. Giving
the customers exactly what they want is the purpose of wedding photography.

I enjoyed the Russian site for its comedy and cleverness too. That does not
make it memorable nor a substitute for the desired results. Maybe an extra
shot or two in this vein might be a fun addition, certainly.
Can you share examples of your work showing cleverness and memorable
character, while still achieving what the client wanted? Using Google, I
couldn't find any images attributed to you at all.

Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/