Subject: [Leica] IMG - PAW Soccer Tournament and LR vs ACR
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Apr 28 16:17:03 2008

Wade, very cool spontaneous kids' pics. That's the very best kind.
Thanks also for the ACR/Lightroom link. I've just fallen totally in lust
with Raw (in PSCS3) and ACR so I didn't really want to read this. I knew
that the Raw functionality was about the same, and had an idea that LR was
very convenient for the organization side. To be fair, with ACR 4.41, I
don't see any significant advantages with LR as far as the processing side.
If you have PS you have all of the processing part for no extra investment.
Here in Australia LR costs about 50% more in USD than in the USA (and more
than twice a PS upgrade which I wanted anyway). That's maybe a bean counter
thing, (smaller markets and all of that excuse).
Can you recommend any links detailing the LR organization and print
functions especially? I am still printing entirely from PSCS3. But I'm also
in data overload trouble already as my DNG count accelerates through 1000
after a few weeks of having the M8.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e