Subject: [Leica] noctilux factoid of the day
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri Apr 25 09:20:32 2008

Clive,

Many thanks for providing this link.  I can see a number of parallels in the
application of computers to lens design, as expressed in this paper, and the
similar application to fluid flows and supersonic aerodynamics. In one case
light rays are being traced, in the other the lines represent compression
and expansion paths in fluid systems.

One of my sons is heavily involved in what is today known a Computational
Fluid Dynamics (CFD), where the process is applied to a wide range of
engineering problems.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA