Subject: [Leica] noctilux factoid of the day
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Fri Apr 25 12:32:20 2008

Jim,

I can't help but think that it must take some pretty sophisticated
design tools to create the new lenses of today. Like the x10 zooms that
are popping up everywhere. Or the super wide zooms that are even super
wide even on the tele end.

We've come a long way since the first zooms. Like that early Nikkor
45-85, or whatever that was. I had one. Very forgettable. Took 10 years
before I considered using another zoom.

DaveR