Subject: [Leica] noctilux factoid of the day
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Apr 25 07:48:29 2008

Jim Nichols <jhnichols@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Surely the Leica optical guys had access to
> this same technology for precise computations.

IIRC Leitz and in particular Leitz Canada was among the first if not the
first to use computers in lens design.  I'm relying on memory here but I
believe that Leitz started using electronic computing devices (by whatever
name) in the 1950s.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft? Windows? and Linux web and application

Replies: Reply from clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss) ([Leica] noctilux factoid of the day)
Reply from stasys1 at cox.net (Stasys Petravicius) ([Leica] noctilux factoid of the day)