Subject: [Leica] OT: Mac Viruses
From: markwwelch at hotmail.com (Mark Welch)
Date: Tue Aug 28 16:07:08 2007

Here is one. This hails from securemac.com. Yes I love/use Mac's too. In
fact I am typing this on a dual G5 PowerMac. They are not impervious though.

"2.16.2006 News
Mac OS X Virus Alert - Sophos Anti Virus has found the first 'real virus'
for Mac OS X known as OSX/Leap-A or OSX/Oompa-A. The OSX/Leap worm or trojan
is spread via instant messenger forwarding itself as a file named
'latestpics.tgz'. When launched the worm attempts to spread via iChat
sending itself to the users buddy list. The application will also try to
infect the recently used applications."

Mark