Subject: [Leica] I can't print my petunias!!
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Aug 20 02:46:53 2007

Petr, Adobe RGB colour space is a little larger than sRGB, as you would
know. However your monitor cannot reproduce it fully nor
will those printers. The monitor will be showing you more than the printer
can, though. The R1800 should do the better of those two,
owing to the number of carts available).
Try getting a canned profile for the printer and paper combo (assuming
calibrated monitor) and use the canned printer profile to
soft-proof? You should see a significant difference on screen.
Certainly does sound like nature has you outgunned in the super colour area!

Cheers
Hoppy