Subject: [Leica] Viso iii
From: pjtotoole at gmail.com (Peter O'Toole)
Date: Fri Aug 17 14:15:12 2007

Well, 1:1 maybe something I should not have said. I want to use my M8
for close-up, e.g., to reproduce/enlarge vintage photos ...and out in
the field -- e.g., Scott's testimony with his photos using the viso +
65 f3.5. Having done photo copy work with a 105 mm Vivitar macro, I've
gotten used to high res.  I cannot even fathom that a flatbed will
provide me with, e.g., tif files of any consequence for photoshop
work, toning, spotting, repairing, not to mention a credible
enlargement. The M8 + viso iii + whichever lens works best/closest --
that must be the best option. Further, I'm trying to simplify, and
expand my M8 capabilities -- reducing my variables -- which is not so
easy.

Thanks.
Pete