Subject: [Leica] Viso iii
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Aug 17 13:24:00 2007

> Mark,
>
> I want to reproduce old family, and other interesting vintage photos for
> 1:1
> enlargement, mostly, and for web gallery use.  Based on the LFI article and
> all the lug feedback, I will look for, in some chronological order, a viso
> iii + adapter + 65 f3.5 black; and, bellows ii + photar 12.5, 50, etc., or
> the removable (?) optics from a 90, or 135, as noted, etc.
>
> Pete

If by 1:1 enlargement you mean reproduction without enlargement it may mean
you don't really need macro optics nor modern optics. So a head from an old
tele would work maybe.

I've done a whole lot of scanning though of family and other black and
whites
Which reminds me why don't you scan them?
And the big thing is making them bigger.
Its like seeing them for the first time. They open up and reveal themselves
to you. The past.
If what you are copying are contact prints the detail will be phenomenal and
it will feel like you've made a copy of the original neg.
You'll see the little things you had on your dresser when you were a kid in
the 50's and everything in amazing detail. Blow them up letter sized or
11x17! You'll be the hit of the whole family.
Get an Epson flatbed.
Print them with Epson inks on Epson paper.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com

Replies: Reply from pjtotoole at gmail.com (Peter O'Toole) ([Leica] Viso iii)