Subject: [Leica] New M8 firmware
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Jul 29 21:36:27 2007

There is actually something called MAC in computer-speak, but it has
nothing to do with the Apple computers some of us use. Every device that
connects to a network, like a laptop or wifi-enabled phone etc. has
something called a MAC address. If you have wifi at home, it is actually
quite useful to know the MAC addresses of the different computers you
have, because then you can set your router to only permit those MAC
addresses onto the network, without the need for any further authentication.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands