Subject: [Leica] New M8 firmware
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Sun Jul 29 16:23:42 2007

2007-07-27-18:51:50 Howard Cummer:
> Thanks to all - I'm good to go. Sometimes I forget how simple it is
> to use a MAC.

Whatever is an MAC?  What words to M, A and C stand for?

I've heard of PCs (for Personal Computer, hearkening back to the
original IBM models, and implying anything from that bloodline up
through the Windows-running behemoths of today), and I happen to use a
Mac (short for Macintosh, one word); but what is this MAC?

[Semi-sorry for the rant, but it just bugs me when people do this.  And
 I'm pleasantly full of strong Lagunitas ale, which frees me to be even
 less badly oppressed by the shackles of politeness than usual.]

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss) ([Leica] New M8 firmware)
Reply from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] New M8 firmware)