Subject: [Leica] xtol question -- getting personal
From: pmcc_2000 at yahoo.com (pmcc)
Date: Mon Jul 23 13:45:02 2007

Life is short and film is cheap.   When I get a chance
in the next few days I will conduct both Marty's test
as well as sacrifice a test roll of film and see what
develops (cough).  Also a perfect occasion to check
out some two buck film from the old country that I've
been curious to try.

By the way, as a casual user of xtol I haven't had any
problems, even when using standard-issue San Francisco
tap water (but now using distilled, having taken the
experience of others to heart).  My original question
relates to how to determine its actual longevity in
the bottle (half-liter brown boston rounds, filled to
the top), at the margins of experience and
advisability; when the stuff works for me, it has
worked well.

Peter.
SF, CA