Subject: [Leica] Re: Epson 1280 Now R1800
From: eduardoalbesi at ciudad.com.ar (Eduardo Albesi)
Date: Sat Jul 7 09:28:44 2007

Thanks to epson policies, the 2200 or the 2400 have never been, and
will not be, available here in Argentina. My budget does not allow
the 3800 right now. The R1800 is about US$ 950 and the 3800 is $1900
here.

I am currently using a HP Photosmart 9800, a very fast and cheap A3+
printer which, thanks to its photo grayscale cartridges (HP Vivera
inks) delivers truly astounding BW prints up to 11x17 with a
wonderful tonal range. The ink cartridges however are really tiny,
wich forces to use a new one after about 10/15 A3 prints. So I am
looking at other printers with higher capacities cartridges and a BW
printing capability at least as good as the cheap HP ( I paid way
less than US $300 for it here one year ago, I think the USA price may
be even half that)

So I want to ast to those R1800 users how would you rate Epson R1800
BW results? Are they neutral or do they tend to have any color casts?
Does it give good grayscale tonal range with the normal Epson inks?
Do I need a separate RIP/Driver to obtain quality results?

I usually print the larger I can, 99% BW stuff. If I could, as I have
said, I'd rather go for a 3800 or even a 4800, but that is out of
question.

Any insight very very welcome

Ed

El 06/07/2007, a las 17:04, Aram Langhans#2 escribi?: