Subject: [Leica] Epson 1280 - the landfill
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Fri Jul 6 05:58:30 2007

On 6 Jul 2007, at 2:28 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

> Message: 6
> Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 17:47:46 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
> Subject: [Leica] Epson 1280: New liquid diet, or the landfill?

Dear Peter,
I took my 1280 (called a 1290 in Asia) into Epson as it was losing
colour accuracy and printing banding using Epson inks and the repair
boys told me I had a) worn print heads and b) a problem with a
circuit board. They said the cost of parts plus labour was about
equal to a new R1800 and offered me a trade in for my old 1290 which
I took. My 1290 was five years old and had seen moderate use. Based
on my experience I think yours made be destined for the land fill.
The 3800 was attractive but I don't think I print enough A2 sizes to
justify the cost.
Cheers
Howard (now in Vancouver for the summer)