Subject: [Leica] Minor change - WAS RE: OT, sort of: Noritsu Minilab
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (John Biava)
Date: Tue Jun 19 16:42:39 2007

One must never forget the now decades old General Foods hypothesis:
Location is everything.  It is still the absolute truth.

  Or

  The machine could be at the end of its life cycle ( worn out ) and not
generating enough profit for replacement.

  They could be closing because they cannot afford to upgrade the equipemnt
for digital.

  They could be losing their shirt to WallyWorld.

  It could be time to retire and no takers.

  I wish Georges local well.  I wish we had someone that astute here.  But
WallyWorld now has four stores here and is driving everyone under.  We have
not had a 1st line camera store for more than ten years.  There used to be
three.  But Joe Sixpack does not care about quality service.....

Lottermoser George <imagist3@mac.com> wrote:
  These machines are not a problem for folks who know how to do
business. Our local "One Hour Foto" shop is doing a great business.
He drives a BMW and top a line Ducatti. His entire family works at
the place along with a couple others. He does passport photography,
posters, prints, scans, et al; sells frames, film, etc. He'll handle
anything digital or film that you want to throw at him. He's quick,
clean, and runs a very tight and tidy ship. He's figured out the
volume/profit formula and works it well. $5.50 to process a roll of
36ex C41 with a CD of scans (dust free). At least 8 local wedding
photogs use his service for their clients. There's usually at least 3
or 4 people at the counter. He's got two table top units to view your
"sd, cf whatever cards, and punch in your print orders without even
talking to a person. One of the staff is always spotting prints.
Lovely really.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com

"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please".
Mark Twain

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Minor change - WAS RE: OT, sort of: Noritsu Minilab)