Subject: [Leica] Golden Trout Wilderness
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Jun 5 11:25:29 2007

At 02:17 PM 6/5/2007, you wrote:
>I've been at high altitude a number of other times with no problem. I
>don't know what set me off those two times. Maybe the headaches were
>unrelated to altitude but I've never headaches like that otherwise. It's
>rare that I ever get any kind of headache. If I went to altitude now I'd
>read up on everything I could and prepare.
>DaveR

I spent a week in a village above Lake Titicaca in Bolivia and the
altitude where the altitude was over 12,500 feet and didn't have a
problem.  The Ayamara people there made mate tea of coca leaves and
chewed the leaves to relieve altitude sickness.  Maybe I'll take some
with me to California. ;-)

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI