Subject: [Leica] Golden Trout Wilderness
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Jun 5 09:43:04 2007

At 11:44 AM 6/5/2007, you wrote:
>Tina,
>
>The normal temperature lapse rate is 3.5deg/1000 feet, so expect the
>temps to be 42deg less than what you would find at sea level in the
>same area. Move slowly and breathe deeply, the oxygen is scarce.
>
>Jim Nichols

Wow!  I had no idea there would be that much difference.  I have been
over 10,000 feet many times in Guatemala, though.  There is one place
called Alaska where there is frost every morning of the year.  You
don't think of frost in Guatemala!  I'm sure it will be much colder
at 12,000 feet in California.  Layers, layers!

Thanks -

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI