Subject: [Leica] Golden Trout Wilderness
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Tue Jun 5 11:17:50 2007

I got one of the worst headaches I've ever had one time on a climb of
Mt. Whitney. I was young and in very good shape from playing in a summer
water polo league. But I lived at sea level. A couple of years later I
was just hiking around Mt Evans in Colorado and I got a similar
headache, and then nausea. Alt was around 12K ft according to the
altimeter in my Four Runner. I lived in Denver so the change in altitude
wasn't as great.

I've been at high altitude a number of other times with no problem. I
don't know what set me off those two times. Maybe the headaches were
unrelated to altitude but I've never headaches like that otherwise. It's
rare that I ever get any kind of headache. If I went to altitude now I'd
read up on everything I could and prepare.

Sunglasses -- and for the camera, a good UV filter -- are essential.

DaveR