Subject: [Leica] A welcome sight in my mailbox
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Sat Jun 2 15:57:22 2007

George Lottermoser wrote:

> BTW - do you have a direct line (extension #) for anyone in repair?
>
> I've only had one phone call from a Sarah Mayville. She responded to
> an e-mail before I sent it in. However, has not responded to any e-
> mail since. And I can't seem to get beyond the "if this then that"
> menu on the phone.
>
> I also received a response to an e-mail from Solms. They said they
> had a loaner for me - but reneged when I told them I sent mine to New
> Jersey. They said, "we asked Leica USA / Allendale to help You."
>
> So, at this moment, I don't even know if they received the camera. ;~(

Umm, you did send it 'return receipt requested' or with a tracking
number, didn't you?

As to a direct line extension number, here is my analysis:  if you go to
http://www.leica-camera.us/contact/us/photography/index.html

or

http://tinyurl.com/2aju23

and scroll down to the section for Leica Repair Service, you will see
three names and a toll free telephone number.  If you call that number
you will get a voice menu that will prompt you to push (I can't remember
but maybe 7) for Repair Service.  If that is not answered you will be
dumped into Robert Fisk's voice mail.  HOWEVER, if you wait through the
voice menu somewhere you will get a prompt that says you can get a
directory of extensions or something similar by pushing the first three
letters of the name of the person you want to call.  VIOLA.  If Robert
Fisk doesn't call you back, try getting to the extensions of Sarah,
Brenda, or the unpublished but helpful (to Jeffery Smith at least) Ray.

Caveat: I didn't try this because I left a message for Robert Fisk and
(I suspect having been alerted by a call from Rich Pinto) he promptly
called me back.  But I think it should work.

And I do remember talking to Brenda Olesin a few years ago about another
matter and she was very friendly and helpful.

Hope this helps.  Keep us posted.

--Bob

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] A welcome sight in my mailbox)