Subject: [Leica] A welcome sight in my mailbox
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Sat Jun 2 09:04:03 2007

Yes. The issue went from:
        1) initially the camera gave me a fault upon turning it on and
attempting the first exposure. I could go through the voodoo of
turning it on and off a few times and get it working. It would then
work fairly consistently for the duration of a shoot period; anywhere
from 20 minutes to a few hours.
        2) then, the weekend before I sent it in, on assignment - it gave me

a fault every time I attempted to make an exposure - I could go
through the voodoo ritual and get a shot off - only to have the next
exposure fault again - repeat voodoo - get shot - repeat - ad
nauseum. Obviously a totally dysfunctional manner of shooting.

BTW - do you have a direct line (extension #) for anyone in repair?

I've only had one phone call from a Sarah Mayville. She responded to
an e-mail before I sent it in. However, has not responded to any e-
mail since. And I can't seem to get beyond the "if this then that"
menu on the phone.

I also received a response to an e-mail from Solms. They said they
had a loaner for me - but reneged when I told them I sent mine to New
Jersey. They said, "we asked Leica USA / Allendale to help You."

So, at this moment, I don't even know if they received the camera. ;~(

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com