Subject: [Leica] irene...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun May 27 14:27:25 2007

Steve Barbour showed:

>>>Irene has recurrent bone cancer...
she will undergo an amputation of her leg soon...
these four photos were taken today...<<<

Hi Steve,
Absolutely first class photojournalism. If I haven't said it before then
here it is now..... "Hey Gene Smith move over buddy there's a new guy on the
block and his name is Steve Barbour!"

Where Gene played with "extra lights" of various types here and there on
many of his projects. You use what you see!!!! And that's one of the things
that lifts many of your pictures above and beyond other photojournalists
regardless of who they are. Including Gene Smith.

A tough subject to work with when you know what the basic outcome will be
for what appears a strong willed young woman whom I have no doubt will cope
with whatever occurs. One can only wish her a prayer as we've done with
others in your photography.

Good on you mon ami!

ted

Irene...