Subject: [Leica] Re: 25 May
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri May 25 19:38:23 2007

Slobodan offered a sad story. :-(

>>>I just had one for another reason.

But I'll certainly have another one for this one.

Earlier, I went to the post office to send something off.

While in line I watched an individual trying to buy an envelop that

would fit a tabloid size weekly paper.

Since It's one where I'll start a photo blog in a few weeks, I

decided to ask what he thought of it.

It turned out that the cover portrait was of his son, who was KIA in

Iraq.

Both him and his wife, who was translating for him, are latino

immigrants.

The kid went in so that he could make his mother a citizen when he

turned 21.

He was dead at 19. Think I'll have that other drink now.<<<<<<<<<<<

Slobodan mon ami,

I'm joining you immediately!

It's a shame when a young boy like this offers himself and life to his newly
chosen Country, then gives his life. :-( I trust the government would pay
attention to this situation and make his mother a USA citizen!

Surely that would be small compensation for sacrificing his life for Country
and Mother.

Now lets all give this young lad a sharp salute for his dedication!

Ted

Replies: Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] Re: 25 May)