Subject: [Leica] M8 and San Disk Ultra II 2.0 GB cards
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sun Jan 21 06:40:20 2007

Howard, I had the exact same problem with that card, Ultra II, 2G. I
have been using a SanDisk Imagemate 12 in 1 card reader for some time
now, mostly with Compact Flash Extreme III 2G and 4G but also older
Lexar cards. No problems, ever. I also have a SanDisk 1G Extreme III
SD card I use in my little Canon SD450. That card also works
perfectly from the M8 and the Canon. The Ultra II won't work in that
reader even though it works in the M8. I have tried a number of times.

In my case it was the reader. I had a simple SD only reader with
Transflash adapter I bought with my cell phone. Removed the
Transflash, inserted the Ultra II. Works like a champ, every time
(maybe 30 times now).

I still feel that something must be wrong with the Ultra II. I bought
it because it was on Leica's list. Every card I have ever tried
works. That's cards from both my sons and daughters cameras and my
own. I don't think that list means much. I'm going to buy a spare
card. Think I'll try a Lexar.

Len