Subject: [Leica] IR with Leica
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sun Jan 21 07:18:30 2007

Rich,

Filters. There are probably 4 or 5 different filters available but
you probably want to start with the easiest to use and not the most
expensive. Try an 89B or the Hoya R72. If you use a SLR and want to
try IR with different lenses I would try Cokin. But in the case of a
Leica RF, the adapter gets in the way. A stronger IR filter would be
the 87.

Lens Focus. Doesn't mean much. The amount of focus adjustment is not
universal and will change depending on the lens and what film you
use. That's why most of the lens makers don't put the R or red dot
mark anymore. Make sure you use a wide DOF to hide focusing errors. I
generally just focus a little closer then indicated by the
rangefinder. Works for me. You will get a feel after awhile.

Good luck and enjoy,
Len