Subject: [Leica] M8 and San Disk Ultra II 2.0 GB cards
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Sun Jan 21 06:13:01 2007

Dear Luggers,
My M8 and me, we are getting on quite well. I'm having more trouble
wrestling with Capture One LE to make sense out of RAW and turning to
Silky Pix as being easier and more intuitive. One puzzle which has
cropped up is that RAW or JPEG photos recorded on San Disk Ultra II
cards with 2 GB capacity by the M8 won't read on my card reader. When
this first happened I thought the card was defective and took it back
to my photo dealer and exchanged it. Same thing happened with the
replacement. I can download images from the camera recorded on the 2
GB card by plugging in the camera so the recording is okay - it is
just the playback via card reader which doesn't work. Tried another
card reader - same story - so it doesn't seem to be the reader. All
my other SD cards of various brands are 1 GB and all work fine -
reading through the USB 2.0 reader. Anyone else having this experience?
Any ideas about overcoming this reluctance to read?
Cheers
Howard (off to India in the morning)

Replies: Reply from xrogers at comcast.net (Clyde Rogers) ([Leica] M8 and San Disk Ultra II 2.0 GB cards)
Reply from eduardoalbesi at ciudad.com.ar (Eduardo Albesi) ([Leica] M8 and San Disk Ultra II 2.0 GB cards)
Reply from hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson) ([Leica] M8 and San Disk Ultra II 2.0 GB cards)
Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] M8 and San Disk Ultra II 2.0 GB cards)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] M8 and San Disk Ultra II 2.0 GB cards)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] M8 and San Disk Ultra II 2.0 GB cards)