Subject: [Leica] IMG: Sharpening
From: hellman at comcast.net (Jesse Hellman)
Date: Sat Dec 23 14:01:02 2006

Ken and others,

Thanks for the lead to PhotoShop Sharpener. Question Ken: how can you
tell how I've scanned? Seems like magic. The color pictures I did not
scan, but took the film (Fujicolor 1600) to a local lab that gave me
scans on a disk. The B & W I just scanned on my Epson 4490 flatbed
scanner with the image type set to 16-bit grayscale.

The scanner scans negatives but I have not done that yet. That is the
task for this weekend. I will see if I can scan a negative and then
make a print (I guess they are called "printouts") that reasonably
resembles a darkroom print. I do understand that expecting a really
good result "out of the box" is as unreasonable as thinking that an
excellent darkroom print can be made without any experience. I'll
start with a negative that looked good in the darkroom straight, no
burning or dodging.

Ken Carney wrote

Replies: Reply from bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] HARRY CHUNWANISTMAS!!!!)