Subject: [Leica] IMG: Sharpening
From: hellman at comcast.net (Jesse Hellman)
Date: Fri Dec 22 15:33:11 2006

Hi, as a total newbie to digital I scanned a lot of my prints and put
them up as galleries without sharpening them. I just thought that the
softness you saw was a necessary part of scanning. Mark Rabiner
enlightened me (thanks as usual, Mark). Sharpening makes a big
difference on most of the pictures. They were photographed with a
Leica, not a Holga.

So, I just sharpened (unsharp masked) all the pictures on my
Transformations (Backstage at the Peabody Opera) gallery <http://
gallery.leica-users.org/v/Jesse+Hellman/> as well as the Mikado
pictures in the Opera section. I'll try to get to the Spoleto
pictures soon.

And I understand you sharpen pictures when you print them, too.

Any feedback will be helpful.

Jesse

Replies: Reply from bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] IMG: Sharpening)
Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] IMG: Sharpening)