Subject: [Leica] IMG: my very first scan
From: hellman at comcast.net (Jesse Hellman)
Date: Sun Dec 24 14:03:46 2006

After living with my Epson 4490 about six months I finally got up the
courage to try scanning a negative. I took one that I had printed
straight and then scanned. So, it took nearly an hour to figure out
why the "film" option was not available. Then I scanned the Tri-X
negative at 2400 dpi in 48 bit color and cropped it in PhotoShop
Elements to the original print dimensions, adjusted contrast and
brightness and finally sharpened it a bit with the Unsharp Mask.

I put it up next to the original scan. <http://gallery.leica-
users.org/v/Jesse+Hellman/Spoleto+2006/> I see that what I see on my
monitor is not what you see on the LUG Gallery nor what came out of
my Epson R800 printer (which, surprisingly enough, was not all that
bad).

I see this is a new world. The LUG is giving me the courage to expand
my horizons.

Merry Christmas!

Jesse

Replies: Reply from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] IMG: my very first scan)