Subject: [Leica] Well, Some...at Least One...of the Greats Do
From: jsluss at hughes.net (John Sluss)
Date: Wed Dec 6 07:34:12 2006

Although I am not a Physician, I grew up in a medical family and worked in
hospitals most of my adult life so maybe I can add a perspective from the
outside looking in. My grandfather was a physician, general surgeon, class
of, who knows. He practiced, or at least went to his office until he was
about 90 when on the way home from the office he fell and broke his hip. He
passed away in 1961 at the age of 93. My father was a physician also,
general surgeon, Indiana University School of Medicine, class of 1922. He
continued to go to the office and practice until he was 97, when I had to
revoke his driving privileges. He passed away at the age of 103. He was lost
without medicine. That was all he knew, all he wanted to do. My mother was a
nurse but quit as soon as I came along. Both my father and grandfather may
be the exception for I know many more physicians that are so tired of the
government interference it almost makes their eyes bleed.

It is so true that you must have a plan and something you like outside of
medicine or life will not be fun. We have photography, my father and
grandfather had medicine, nothing else, no plans.

John