Subject: OT was RE: [Leica] But I'm not ready!!!!
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Nov 27 14:19:34 2006

Peter our couple of bitey spider types are not aggressive. The worst of them
(funnel webs) are not widespread either.
The more common, our redback is related to the black widow, I believe.
Almost never fatal and incidents are extremely rare.
Now our snakes do have some talent. We do have a high proportion of those
with the most toxic venom.
The variation of brown snake common in many areas has about the most toxic
venom of any on the planet, gram for gram. However,
factors like delivery quantity and efficiency and the species attitude to
life in general do ameliorate the danger. Crocs and sharks
do chomp on a few unfortunates on occasion. To put it all in perspective,
lightning and bee stings (not at the same time) kill more
people. I'd rather come across an eastern brown in my backyard (and I have)
than someone with chemically induced bad attitude and a
9mm!

Cheers
Hoppy