Subject: [Leica] But I'm not ready!!!!
From: kleinp at BATTELLE.ORG (Klein, Peter A)
Date: Mon Nov 27 09:26:53 2006

Hoppy:  Too much information. Thank you for sharing.   :-)  In our
defense (defence), in Seattle we don't have common spiders with the
toxicity of cobras, and we can swim in creeks without being eaten by a
croc.

Hey, British Columbia LUGgers, how did you fare with the snow up there?
Whatcom county near the Canadian border was hit pretty hard, up to 18
inches in some places.  A foot fell on some of the San Juans.

A couple of inches is on the ground at my house.  Downtown Seattle fared
better, as whatever fell mostly melted last night.  Outlying areas are a
mess.  The weather people are predicting three more inches late this
afternoon in Seattle, followed by sub-freezing temperatures overnight.

I know the prospect of a city brought to its knees by a small amount of
snow is amusing to many.  The problem here is that it doesn't snow much
or often, and it usually melts in a couple of days.  So when it does
snow, nobody knows how to drive in it.  And they only plow the major
arterials, sometimes.

I grew up in New England, and literally learned to drive on snow (I took
driver's education in the winter). So the snow itself doesn't bother me
too much. It's everyone else. Especially the Neanderthals who think:
"Me have four wheel drive.  Me can go fast!"  I have twice had a couple
of twentysomethings joyously gun past me, followed by a 270 to 360
degree skid.  One made it OK, the other broadsided a telephone pole.

And then there are the people next to me at a traffic light who spin
their wheels to get going, and slide horizontally towards me. . .

Greg, I'm sure the syndrome is the same in Vancouver, and that it
thoroughly amuses the less temperate parts of Canada.

--Peter

Hoppy wrote:
> Peter and Greg, it's 86F/30C and sunny here in Brisbane, Australia.
The

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) (OT was RE: [Leica] But I'm not ready!!!!)
Reply from gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO) ([Leica] But I'm not ready!!!!)
Reply from harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] But I'm not ready!!!!)