Subject: [Leica] Re: Lots of M8 photos here
From: kleinp at BATTELLE.ORG (Klein, Peter A)
Date: Mon Nov 20 15:44:19 2006

[Aside--Brian:  Thanks for the URL desplitting tips. Do you know if I
have to do anything special with URLs in Eurora for Windows?]

Regarding the links to the M8 gallery on flickr. . .
<http://www.flickr.com/groups/leica_m8/pool/>

Posting this again.  The second link I originally posted was a duplicate
of the first.  Which gives me an excuse to try Brian's angle bracket
URL-desplitter on the machine on which I use Outlook.  I use Eurora at
home, so it may not be an issue there.  Anyway, here are the correct
URLs for the two standout B&W M8 photos I mentioned earlier.

Noctilux shot:
<http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=299279963&context=pool-32246684
@N00&size=o>

And the one I didn't post before:
<http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=299097339&context=pool-32246684
@N00&size=l>

I'm so used to broken links on the LUG I barely think about it anymore,
a quick cut-and-paste of the two lines and I'm there.  The LUG gallery
is great for this purpose, as it gives an error message, but leaves the
first line of the URL intact.  Rather than (as so many other sites do,
giving me an error 404, which Windows delights in sending to the stupid
misbegotten MSN search page, destroying the original URL in the process.
So all I have to do is paste in the second line.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Re: Lots of M8 photos here)
Reply from gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO) ([Leica] Re: Lots of M8 photos here)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Re: Lots of M8 photos here)