Subject: [Leica] M8 Impressions, Pro and Con, correction
From: rclompus at mac.com (Richard Clompus)
Date: Wed Nov 15 17:58:51 2006

Tina, as an optometrist, I've had many patients over the years that
had your exact complaints.  Glad to hear your eyes are healthy.  You
are explaining the effects of mild changes in the clarity of the
crystalline lens in each eye.  As we grow older (and wiser), the
protein in the lens slowly loses its transparency.  Things are not as
bright or clear even though your vision may still be 20/20 with
glasses.  This is perfectly normal.  Over time, the lens can become
dense enough that it decreases vision and it can then be removed
surgically and replaced with a new one made of plastic.   After
surgery, Its amazing how patients report how bright colors are before
commenting how clear things look.  The cloudy lens that is removed is
called a cataract.  Lenses don't become cataracts overnight - it
takes years.  Night driving and glare often worsen as the lens
becomes more cloudy.

Fortunately, rangefinder focusing is easy and autofocusing is even
easier.  Glad to hear you're doing fine.  Your photographs and
enthusiasm for photography are something to be admired.

Richard

Richard Clompus, OD
Ponte VEdra Beach, FL