Subject: [Leica] Rockport Leica Seminar - M8 Impressions
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Sat Oct 28 18:06:13 2006

Mark - The detail in that pano shot is amazing.  Having 10MP does
make a difference.  I must say though that the images you developed
from the DNG files don't look that much different than the JPGs the
camera developed of my images.  Makes me wonder if the DNG
development effort is worth the effort for any but the most difficult
images or greatest enlargements.  Do you see significant differences
between the in-camera fine JPGs and images processed in from the DNG
files?

I've downloaded Lightroom and just started to play with it.  I'm
really interested in seeing if it simplifies the workflow I've
developed in PS/CS.  It'll be my introduction to development of DNG
files, too.  Mostly I've worked with JPGs.