Subject: [Leica] Celebration month & good night!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu May 4 21:15:28 2006

Well lads and lasses this is a celebrating month, the 56th year since I had
a camera placed in my hands as a first birthday gift by my beautiful wife
for my first birthday after we married in the previous October, 1949. :-) It
was a good year! :-)

And 16 months later after receiving the camera which I still have, my first
newspaper credited photograph appeared 17 September 1951 in The Ottawa
Citizen newspaper. And I've never looked back since.

Has my passion for photography waned?  Never! I'm still as full of the
photography passion as I've ever been, if not more so. If there is any
disappointment in my life, as incredible as it has been?

"At this moment I know I don't have the same number of years to go that I've
just enjoyed with such passion, friendship, excitement and a never ending
photographic assignments many others would kill for. Photographically I've
probably lived the lives of any ten other photographers. Damn I love it so!

In reality , "is there anything else?"  Not in my life time has there ever
been nor will there be at the young age of 77! ;-)

I have had the wonderful good fortune to learn about the workings and
professions of so many others, enjoyed their company as we worked together
to capture their moments, so many others could learn of what they did and
do.

The world travelling, the seemingly never ending international sports events
plus all the other peoples of the world assignments.Trust me a classic photo
life if ever there was.

Today, my number 2 son, whom many of you know I've praised on more than one
occasion for his incredible sports action pictures, is here in Victoria on
assignment shooting the Canadian Diving Championships.

However, today he assisted in dismantling my darkroom! :-( A sad day in many
years.:-(  A sort of "closing shop" and moving on! :-(

In any event I intend on keeping an eye on you folks as an observer and if
necessary, tan yer hide if you get stupid about a photography subject! ;-)

To the "Saloon Keeper?" Thank you a whole bunch for your patients,  more
than I can offer at the moment.

Kindest regards to all.
good night,
ted

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Celebration month & good night!)
Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Celebration month & good night!)
Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Celebration month & good night!)
Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] Celebration month & good night!)
Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] Celebration month & good night!)
Reply from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Celebration month & good night!)
Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Celebration month & good night!)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Celebration month & good night!)
Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] Celebration month & good night!)
Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] Celebration month & good night!)
Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] Celebration month & good night!)
Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] Celebration month & good night!)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Celebration month & good night!)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Celebration month & good night!)
Reply from vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster) ([Leica] Celebration month & good night!)