Subject: [Leica] silver vs pixels
From: jgovindaraj at (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue Feb 21 18:12:38 2006

The Epson 1800 and 2400 are totally different models - the 2400 has
gloss optimiser in the inks, while in the 800/1800 it comes in a
seperate cartridge. The Epson 2400 shares features with the 4800, 7800
and 9800, and they all use the new Ultrachrome K3 inks. After using the
2400 for a month or so, I find it is a superb printer, with an extremely
good Black & White mode (ABW)  built in to the Epson driver, and for the
first time since I started black & white printing I find that  I am not
messing around with dedicated monochrome inks or RIPs, and that is a
great relief!!!
Jayanand Govindaraj
Chennai, India

Jim Nichols wrote:

> Brian,
> I am using an Epson Stylus Photo R800, which is the entry level
> printer using the ink process common to the 1800 and 2400, and I am
> really impressed with the results.  A word of caution, though, about
> papers.  I started out with the same generic paper that I had  used
> with my older Epson printer, and found that, after the prints dried
> for a few days, the ink layer began to shrink and crack.  I switched
> to Epson paper, and have had no more problems.
> There is an on-line source for ink refills at
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] silver vs pixels)
Message from jhnichols at (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] silver vs pixels)