Subject: [Leica] re: silver vs pixels
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Tue Feb 21 11:33:37 2006

BTW, my analysis was admitedly too simple. If one includes what
Adams termed "previsualization"  in the phenomenology of the
photographer when behind the camera, then it certainly gets more
complicated.

I think the conclusion is the same, but more now the post exposure
"making" becomes an activity of attempting through darkroom/lightroom
magic of *reproducing* the artist's previsualized phenomena during
composition and shutter snapping in the mind of the viewer.

A simpler corrolary would be that what the making *photographer*
"sees" during composition and previsualization is NOT what the simple,
unconscious taking *viewfinder*  "sees".

Scott