Subject: [Leica] I have given up
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Mon Feb 6 17:17:46 2006

I no longer take pictures.  I am not at present equipped with a darkroom
though I suspect that I shall be again within a six-month or so.  I have no
ability with digital and my efforts to learn from this group about digital
have simply convinced me that I have no idea whjat anyone is talking about.
 I have a VERY basic digital P&S and I cannot make it work.  My wife has a
very basic digital P&S and can on rare occasion make it work.  But neither
of us can obtain any sort of regular success from digital, nor can either
of us comprehend such software as Photoshop.  (And, no, we are not computer
jerks:  my wife is a director of quality control for a major HMO and I have
been dicking about with computers for twenty years and more.)

What I am saying is that digital has juist absolutely sucked out of me any
interest in photography.  I would like to find a list where we could get
back to figuring out the Leitz dingus which allowed a PLOOT to be fitted to
a QUANGO.  That's my place.  I really do not belong on a Leica Users' Group
and will probably soon retire from this province as I simply no longer wish
to take pictures.

Digital wins.  I lose.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

NEW FAX NUMBER:  +540-343-8505

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] I have given up)
Reply from zoeica1 at yahoo.com (Chris Williams) ([Leica] Re:I have given up)
Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] I have given up)
Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] I have given up)
Reply from wooderson at gmail.com (Matt Powell) ([Leica] I have given up)
Reply from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] I have given up)
Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] I have given up)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] I have given up)