Subject: [Leica] Coenen to step down
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Fri Apr 15 12:24:38 2005

Coenen's brief tenure is odd and disturbing.

AFAIK (which is not much), he wasn't proposing anything radical. I read
some interview (LFI or something?) with him, and was surprised with his
rather limited characterization of Leica's prospects. I think he was
associated
with the ala carte program - hardly a bold move, much maligned and none
too successful so far, I believe.

Still, an extremely short tenure. CEO thrashing might portend a desire on
Coenen's part to depart (sinking ship syndrome), or more likely a desire for
"bolder moves" on the part of directors and creditors.  Such bolder moves
might be on the business/product front (product line rationalization, more
partnering), but again more likely on the corporate/finance front (sale
of business, other M&A, down sizing, etc.)   In any case, they'd be looking
for someone with expertise Coenen's lacks.

Love to hear more from someone in the know.

Scott