Subject: [Leica] Coenen to step down
From: patrick at photo.net (Patrick (Washington, DC))
Date: Fri Apr 15 11:40:44 2005

worst case scenario: we wanted to make radical changes to keep the boat
afloat but the
ultra-conservative board of directors wouldn't allow him. best case: the
other way around but then
I don't think the stock would have moved in said direction.

why not just once for all leverage the brand and know-how around optics,
start manufacturing
stellar Leica glass in Canon and Nikon mount, cancel the R body if need be,
strike some lucrative
partnerships and keep making the M series for nostaligic purposes.

See, that wasn't so hard to figure out, perhaps I should call Solm and apply
for the job :-)

Happy snaps!

Patrick
Washington, DC