Subject: [Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Oct 7 18:11:59 2004

At 07:01 PM 10/7/2004, you wrote:
>Unfortunatley insurance isn't much use when you arrive in Managua or Addis
>Ababa or wherever and your cameras have been stolen/damaged beyond repair
>and you then can't do your job......
>
>tim

Amen!  We absolutely have to carry the cameras on board, not only because
they might be stolen if checked, but do you remember the story about Ted's
M7's that were checked and destroyed!  The checked luggage is thrown around
carelessly by minimum wage workers who could care less if anything in your
luggage is fragile.  If you check your cameras and arrive at your
destination, pick up the luggage and then go on several hours or days to
Timbuktu or wherever, discovering when you get there that your cameras no
longer work, what can you do?  Insurance is no good in those circumstances
which are normal for many working photographers.  I don't let my cameras
out of my sight when I'm traveling; therefore, I have to carry them on board.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane)