Subject: [Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Oct 7 22:38:02 2004

Tina Manley mentioned:
Subject: RE: [Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane

>>We absolutely have to carry the cameras on board, not only because
> they might be stolen if checked, but do you remember the story about Ted's
> M7's that were checked and destroyed!  <

Hi Tina,
This still hasn't been resolved even with legal paper work signed by my
lawyer and a copy of the Leica service manager's report as TSA requested.
The paper work explained how bad the damage was and how in the service
managers experience he'd never seen broken pieces under a shutter release
when they opened the camera and it had to be due to extreme force applied to
make the shutter go click!

When I landed in Phoenix I opened the case to see how much was left in the
case, expecting to see an empty case. However, it was all there and I
figured OK it survived the trip and nothing had been stolen. That was until
the next morning when I went to load cameras for the shoot. :-( And couldn't
do anything to make two of three M7's work at all.

Part of my saving was the friends we were staying with had an M7, so I did
my work using his and one of mine and changed lenses a number of times. :-)

ted

Message from timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton) ([Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane)