Subject: [Leica] Shadow noise in scans
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Aug 15 06:54:15 2004

Peter,
As a follow up below is a re-crop of your original scan from the store:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/On-the-road/slide_13

Their machine did not put any noise in the image, however, they did not
bother providing much information in the low values as you can see in
the little girls hair.  Obviously, there is a middle ground where very
little noise is present but most values are present as well.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com