Subject: [Leica] Shadow noise in scans
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun Aug 15 10:09:37 2004

The most informative information about your scan isn't included: the
histogram from VueScan. I suspect that there's a lot of information
way off to the left (dark) side of the histogram so that when you
widen the histogram with curves and levels, even using 16 bits of
data, lots of pixels get "created".

Adam