Subject: [Leica] re: dilema
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 11:57:29 -0500

s.d. sed:

>I have an M6 and a IIIa. But my work requests, even my voluntary
>submissions, rarely have available light usage as an option. I think
>that with the R8,  I would at least get to use my R lenses commercially,
>and wean myself off my EOS stuff.

i think the obvious solution is to just keep what you have. when you
get a call to do something your M can't do, use your EOS.
keep the m6 in your pocket when you go on assignment. that's how lots
and lots of photojournalists do it. your EOS is probably more capable
than an R8 anyway. the ass-kicking i'm going to get from sal aside, it's
not leica's strongest area. and it's very very expensive.

just my .02, take it for what it's worth.

kc

Replies: Reply from D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg> (Re: [Leica] Leica M3)
Reply from David Degner <ddegner@morris.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica M3)
Reply from "Dr. Elliot Puritz" <drpuritz@bellsouth.net> ([Leica] Leica M3)