Subject: [Leica] Leica M3
From: "Dr. Elliot Puritz" <drpuritz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 16:11:43 -0500

Just a question not meant to induce angry responses from users who own and
enjoy older Leicas...but, if the price for an M3 ( assuming one doesn't have
one ) in minty condition is now equal to or higher then a new M6, why would
one chose to use the older camera?  I do appreciate the enjoyment from using
any well made machine that is 50 years old and which still works well.
Nevertheless, is the use of the M6 easier?  If one can make images easier on
the M6, why would one chose to use the M3 and pay for the privilege?  Again,
no flame intended or implied to users of older, vintage cameras.  I use some
older Leicas myself, enjoy them.

Elliot

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica M3)
Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Leica M3)