Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M3
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 06:03:48 +0800

 Dr. Elliot Puritz wrote:
>Just a question not meant to induce angry responses from users who own and
>enjoy older Leicas...but, if the price for an M3 ( assuming one doesn't have
>one ) in minty condition is now equal to or higher then a new M6, why would
>one chose to use the older camera?  I do appreciate the enjoyment from using
>any well made machine that is 50 years old and which still works well.
>Nevertheless, is the use of the M6 easier?  If one can make images easier on
>the M6, why would one chose to use the M3 and pay for the privilege?  Again,
>no flame intended or implied to users of older, vintage cameras.  I use some
>older Leicas myself, enjoy them.

I have both, enjoy using both. The M3 does have a feel about it which is
not found on the M6. It also has more play value. If I have to take home
the bacon with either one, I'd opt for the M6.

Dan K.
        Men of genius are respected... men of wealth are envied;
         men of fame are emulated......men of power are feared;
              but only men of character are trusted.