Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M3
From: Richard DeLuca <odyssey@spectra.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:12:37 -0500

>I have both, enjoy using both. The M3 does have a feel about it which is
>not found on the M6. It also has more play value. If I have to take home
>the bacon with either one, I'd opt for the M6.
>
>Dan K.
>        Men of genius are respected... men of wealth are envied;
>         men of fame are emulated......men of power are feared;
>              but only men of character are trusted.

Dan,

Like you, I own and enjoy both an M3 and an M6.  Also like you, I'd opt for
the M6 if I had to have the shots.  However, the M3's much greater heft
feels better in my hand, and the DR Summicron has a
contrast/resolution/bokeh that I definitely prefer to the new glass.  I
love hi-key candid portraiture of women, and as long as I don't get too
close, the DR is my favorite lens.

I worked for an arts and science museum for fifteen years and it had a
large and absolutely beautiful ballet studio, with subdued daylight
streaming in from the upper portions of all four walls.  I spent all my
non-working time photographing  pro ballerinas. Wish I were back
there......... <sigh>.

I've recently resorted to using the DR on my M6.

Best Regards,
Rich

Replies: Reply from "robmellor" <robmellor@onetel.net.uk> (Re: [Leica] FS M6 TTL)
Message from Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu> ([Leica] re: dilema)